syno. petricola

Vallisneria

OK i'm having a little problem. Every night when i turn out the lights on my tank my synos start swimming around and making these loud splashing noises. Atleast i think its the synos, might also be the BN pleco.

Its driving me crazy as my tank is right next to my bed and it scares the heck out of me in the middle of the night. For the past few night it was so bad,usually they only do it a few times, that i had to sleep with one of the tanks lights on.

So why are they splashing all of a sudden(its been happening for about 2 months). I'm scared they are going to jump of the tank. Is this normal? does anyone else's synos splash around? What can i do to stop them,besides keeping the lights on?

• 1 month later...

Thankfully the splashing seems to have stopped. Not sure if it was the pleco or the synos as when i would turn the light on i would see them both swimming away(but i dont' think they were fighting eachother).

I think it was most likely the pleco. But it has stopped and all is well(atleast for now :) )