Marine Ich?

Go4Long

my father in law just started a nano cube a couple weeks ago here...he has two clowns and one blue tang(and some assorted coral and a fire shrimp), today I looked in the tank and it looks like the tang has ich...was wondering what he should do, or if this is indeed ich...sorry for the not so great pictures, little thing is fast and just won't sit still :S

at the moment it does not appear to be affecting the clowns, should I take the tang out of the tank asap or what?

dorysmall1.jpg

dorysmall2.jpg

Edited by Go4Long

It dose look like ich. I think that it is because the bio load is rather high. Regal clowns need lots of room to swimming even when they are that small.

To treat it I would set up a quarantine tank and treat with copper just remember to not but any of the water from the quarantine tank back in to the main tank.

Brad

i've read that regals are far and few between that DONT get ich once stressed by a move and then new enviornment. Mine got it. Supplement his diet with garlic and keep him happy and healthy (its probably gonna nip you in the a$$ down the road). Best bet is to QT marine fish (sure, everyone says this for a reason), unless you dont mind risking losing all your fish everytime you add a new one. This isnt $4 cichlids fish keeping anymore. Treat in a QT, leave it in there for 4-6 weeks so the parasite will run its cycle and die off in the display tank. BTW, that fish needs a MUCH bigger tank than that to do well- not judging, just saying. Im no expert- just my $.02