Oscar eating gravel???

Stacey

thanks murmade,

I was thinking of switching him to the Hikari Bio gold brand, but never did because every store I went to only had the large bag of the medium pellets, and I've only got the one oscar........ how do you prepare cucumber and zuchinni for an oscar? I frequently feed these to the pleco (who shares the tank) but the oscar usually leaves the big chunks of veggie alone. He does however eat mushroom and lettuce.

Edited by Stacey

I just peel the veggies, cut them into 1/4 inch cubes and throw a couple in raw,Don't cut the pieces too big, the more they have to chew the messier it gets.

P.S. some people recomend banannas,so i tried it out! :wacko: .....it's so messy he chews them up and it all comes out his gills and he spits it out, I may as well have puored a jar of applesauce into the tank!

i feed my oscars cucumbers also, i dont peel it ,i wash it, cut it into a few slices then cut the slices in half.

within a day the rinds are left and i scoop them out.

i also feed them shelled peas, steamed cut up carrot and occasionally blanched spinach when the pleco doesnt guard it.

My oscar doesn't seem to like veggies in any great quantity, although he did chase my hand around the tank tonight while I was trying to sink the zuchinni. -roll- Probably because I just gave him a piece of beefheart and he was hoping my hand contained some more meat.......... I do see him sample the pleco's veggies though, so I guess he does get a little.