Live rock

patrice lapointe

I would think that there would be die off on all of the rock, I would also think that any rock put in will cause some ammonia. I take a brush to my live rock after it has sat for a couple days in a salt mix. That way I can check it out and not brush the spots that have something I want to keep on it.

If it is an established tank and you dont want another ammonia spike maybe put the rock in a water mix with heat and light for a couple weeks and that way some of the die off will occur in the bucket, or keep checking levels and wait till it cycles in the bucket before adding it.

OH and I do this to rock that only took 15 min to get home.

Edited by Canadbis

Hi, i bought Live Rock from aquagiant and got it ship to yellowknife. unfortunatly, they sent it by bus (24h drive) and beacause its weekend, I will only get it on monday.

Yes, and those bus trailers are completely unheated and so are Greyhound's warehouses (or just above zero in the warehouse)...chances are it is all frozen solid by now (since I see that it will be making 95% of its trip in -10º to -25º weather).