Angel eggs...again!?

Cheese

How often do angels normally spawn?? My breeding pair laid a batch of eggs on Christmas Eve...that batch (about 2 dozen fry) have been free swimming for not quite a week, and the parents just laid another batch today! They are still in the breeding tank with the fry that are only a week old!

Batches two weeks apart, WITHOUT moving the parents away from the babies seems really quick to me...!

Shouldn't there be a rule against making more babies while the ones you have are swimming around your head?! :eh:

If you want to keep the kids, I'd remove them... it seems totally odd that they'd spawn again while "parenting" week-old fry. :eh:

The female is gathering up the ones that are free swimming, and spitting them out onto the same leaf where the new eggs are...and the male is swimming around with most of the fry following him...

Last time they spawned, I had to take the parents out before those babies were the age of these ones...my female was tearing chunks out of the male.

This time she's not...obviously...

Edited by Cheese

Would you post your tank parameters? Tank size, tank contents, temps, salt/no salt etc. My friend is trying to get his to breed and might get some insight from your frisky pair . :D :thumbs: :smokey:

It's a 29g, the only thing in there other than the angels is a few ramhorn snails (aside from the four krib babies in a breeding trap hanging in the tank). I have a very large amazon sword that they keep spawning on, as well as a few other types of swords, all live plants. There is a few small pieces of driftwood and several pieces of slate propped up at angles to create lots of flat spots. Gravel is natural coloured pebbles.

I keep the temp around 80 deg F, and run two filters, a topfin 30 and a aquaclear 150. I do 25% water changes weekly. Other than API Stress Coat for my water conditioner, I don't add anything else...