Putting together a glass top...

Devon

Alright, this is the stupidest question ever, especially since the majority of you have probably put together more of these then you can count.

But I admit, I'm confused, and I need help. Either I'm missing a piece, or I'm just really stupid.

I've taken pictures to depict my confusion.

I have four peices of glass like this:

IMG_2991.jpg

These plastic peices...

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

And apparantly, I am supposed to end up with two creations that look like this:

AAG29101.JPG

How do I make it happen.... :wacko:

You can't make it happen with those pieces, The parts you have are for a dual sliding top, You have 2 outside rails and 1 center rail. One piece of glass fits in the top slide the other fits in the bottom slide. Make sure you put the access panel in the top slide.

You can't make it happen with those pieces, The parts you have are for a dual sliding top, You have 2 outside rails and 1 center rail. One piece of glass fits in the top slide the other fits in the bottom slide. Make sure you put the access panel in the top slide.

Crap...so, what peices am I missing?

If you want the flip style lid you need the flexable plastic hinge for the center. But that set up you have would work as well, You can even rest a light strip on the back panels just set the access panels in the bottom slide instead of the top. The other plastic pieces go on the back panels and make your cut outs for filter/heater/airline tubing etc.

Thats exactly how it go'es together. The trick is having enough hands to install it on your tank. Cell regeneration is too slow, So maybe have someone give you a hand holding pieces in place while you assemble it on the tank. Hope it works out.