glass

cichlidkid

yea I took that into account.

this is kinda off topic but does anyone know the average cost of KW/hours I may not halfto sell the tank if I do get a job that can sustain the cost of running a 180 gallon tank.

christmas money covers the glass, the cutts and the drilling. I am going to make the bottom plywood with a layer of 3 mm acrylic on top of the plywood.

im getting one of those 35 dollar plywood aquariums in the bargain finder. This will be the sump.

Thanks

Regardless of the operating costs of the tank, get a job! Great way to meet people, gain valuable work experience, and, well, make money. And none of this "if" stuff. There is no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to find a job in Alberta's expanding workforce, especially at the entry level.

.... when your 14?

trust me its not easy. Walmart's fish department wont even hire me!! You sound just like my teacher. And I got no skills 'cept guitar, carpentry and fish knowledge.

I would suggest focussing on your carpentry skills. You should be able to find something in a "helper" or "labourer" position from small, self-emplyed operations. Your youth could be an advantage here as they won't have to pay you as much, in relative terms.

Or you could head to one of the department stores like Canadian Tire, Revy, Home Depot, Winsdor Plywood, Big Dog Lumber, etc...

Another tip, don't wait for someone to tell you they are looking for employees. Drop off resumes anywhere you might want to work (and always call back a couple days later), go through the yellow pages and make a few calls, stop in at companies close to home and tell them you are looking (even if they don't need anyone they might know someone who does).

And don't get discouraged. You're going to get turned down more than you'll be accepted, that's just the way the odds work.

If all else fails, go to a placement agency; Bowen Personnel, Diversified, Labour Ready, etc. Not always the best jobs and you might get switched around a lot, but good experience and you can often find permanent employment at one of the locations they send you.

Looking for a new job is seldom fun but can be a very rewarding experience.