Nervous about fishes

Terrie Lee

Hello.

I hope I am not being too fussy. Today when I got home form work 2 of my swordtail girls were swimming in place. Since my guppies did this just before death, I immediately went into panic mode.

I performed a nitrite test it came out at zero.

I added some stability. (I add it every day for a few days when i introduce new fish)

Then there was no improvement so I did a 25% water change which was scheduled for tomorrow.

Now all the fish appear sluggish, and the two that first showed signs are swimming in place near the filter and resting on the bottom also near the filter.

The tank has been cycled. There were recent problems with nitrites.

But as there are none now I do not see that as a problem. (I don't think???)

Only one of the girls is "clamping" fins. The others are just sitting there.

I also just added some Java moss.

They are also not "wobbly" like the guppies were.

:cry:

Stop dying fishies!

I also added more stability after the water change.

I always have salt in the tank. I was told that livebearers like it. I did add more and will be doing water changes every few days. I will also look for the little white dots.

I turned up the heater and moved a lamp that I think may have been making the water temp fluctuate during the day.

I am determined to at least be able to keep some livebearers alive long enough to get some fry. Hopefully my fish will die of old age.

I just noticed the two girls who are acting the strangest have slightly lifted scales on their top and belly.

Is this dropsy? Their bellies are not bloated at all. In fact one of them has a smaller belly than when I got her a few days ago.