Brine Shrimp Hatchery

Guppygirl

Hi everyone. Went to the pet store recently and saw a brine shrimp hatchery- an internal tank one. It was shaped like a horn and you added water,salt and eggs and plugged in the air line and then you just waited. The brine shrimp just hatch and swim out into the tank. The fish then get lunch. I was just wondering if anyone had ever used one of these units???? I have a brine shrimp hatchery that you hatch them in a black box and they swim into the fresh water holder(pill bottle) because they are attracted to the light, you then just feed the fish without rinsing them. Was suppose to be for more classroom use. But worked for the time I was feeding them. Stopped because it was too difficult to regulate the right temperature to hatch them at- winter really sucks. :grr: Instead of 24-48 hours was more like 4-6 days to get results- had good eggs the water was just too cold. So I was wondering if this new product would be worth the investment- or if the product was useless. Anyone every use or recommend one of these units? I have tetras that would just love a BBS treat. :heart:

I have seen what you ask about and thought it might work but know no one who has had one so I can't help there.

I use an inverted 2 litre pop bottle with base cut off, an air stone with a cheap pump, and an old HOB 50 W heater to keep water at 80F.

I get great hatchings in 24-30 h and have run this almost daily for 2 years.

I feed it to Dolphin and Lab fry for the first three weeks and have sold over 800 fry in the last two years.