Canopy plans - will this work?

CalgaryFan

Here is what I have drawn up. It is a crude drawing done in paint, but it gets the general idea out there.

canopyyc7.th.png

NOTE: It won't be 19" tall lol, that was a mistake by me :P

The lights will be hung on the underside of the top in a fixture. The door will open towards you and hopefully just sit up top and you stick your hands inside for feeding etc. I was thinking about how much of a pain water changes would become, but decided that I would always be able to take the thing off the top of the tank making it easier. I just wipped it up because I am trying to think up easy ways to get different sized light bulbs on the top right now. I also put it on the site for some critisism and help because I am not sure it will work. Thanks.

Edited by CalgaryFan

If you make the top open hinged in the center, then you can leave it on for water changes. I have done this in the past. only just 6" tall not 19" -roll-

Some manu. examples of options.. Easier to get an idea of what you like / dislike when you can see what others have done and incorporate the parts of each that you like.

mseries_canopy_oak.jpg

http://www.all-glass.com/products/stands/pdf/mseries_oak.pdf PDF file on the stand and canopy..

104_rr75wg_oak_open.gif

Couldn't find the one canopy I wanted to show you where as mentioned the whole front half flips up and outta the way..

I was looking at the two AllGlass tops Zoban posted & thinking it would be nice to replace the (wood) stick props that hold the lid open with 1-2 small cylinders like the ones used for minivan hatches ... unless they're too stong & turn the lid into a catapult, of course :)

Vic