Curious what 'fishy first aid kits' you keep

I live quite far from a decent fish store, so I've been thinking I should have more on hand than a small amount of salt and my usual dechlorinators. What kind of 'first aid' items does everyone keep on hand, just in case. Are there any that are great general 'cure alls' (or at least hold all in check) until you can buy something more specific?

Melafix had my attention... I have a bottle of tea tree oil that we use for all kinds of things here. Has anyone used regular tea tree oil? I'm guessing it's cheaper to dose that way than by the specially 'for fish' packaged products.

My current "first aid" kit for my aquariums is:

Prime

Spare air pumps

Spare filters

Spare heaters

Emergency space blankets, To wrap the tank in case of power failure

3000W generator

Melafix

Antibiotic tablets

Usually have some Maracyn on hand also but not at the moment.

Edited by Rainmaker69

I really need to stock up as well ha. I currently only have a fresh bag of epson salt, and the usual stuff that does nothing like dechlorinator, etc. :/

NatureNut - I have used regular tea tree oil in place of Melafix. My pleco sometimes has a torn dorsal fin, and tea tree oil works fine for this.

I've also tried tea tree oil the bettas divided 10 gallon, this I don't recommend. When they came to the top for air, they both started shaking their heads, and generally seeming bothered by the oil on the water, ended up doing an immediate water change and adding carbon to the filter.

As for what I keep in the medicine cabinet?? Aquarium Salt, Tea Tree oil or Melafix, Prime(which isn't technically a medicine) .....that's about it.

Not much experience with sick fish, not sure what I SHOULD keep on hand.

Melafix and a toilet... if step one doesn't do it, step two will. I have spent way too much money and time on trying to keep a $4 fish alive... at the end of the day it's just not worth it to me.

I have , melafix, betafix

epson salts, hydrgen peroxide

almond leaves, metro, malcite green ,

methalene blue

spare heater/filter/20g tank

bags/elastics(to float hot water bags incase of power outage)

edit: yup clove oil , there's a ton of stuff in there, gona have to pull it out to remember everything lol

Edited by Qattarra

levamisole

Where on earth did you dig some up from???? I've been trying to get my hands on the stuff for over a year already; my vet doesn't prescribe Levamisole, but rather Fenbendazole - even though I specifically requested it.