WHat Can go with OSCARS

Pop Eye

I'm no expert, but when I had 3 full grown oscars years ago, I had plecos in with them. That's the only fish that I tried putting in the tank other than the odd feeder. I'm thinking that as long as the fish is big enough to not be considered food and not aggressive then it should be okay, but, I guess that would depend on how aggressive his oscar is. The pet store at the time told me that I could put small plecos in there and the fish wouldn't eat them because of the spines, but someone forgot to tell my oscars.

Alot depends on the size of the tank, for example, my oscar shares a 90 gallon with a pleco. Some other cichlids might work, but they would need to be large enough for the oscar not to snack on.

Depending on your tank size they can co-exist with common pleco's, and other large semi aggressive C/A, S/A fish. But it will always be hit or miss depending on the fish temperment towards eachother. I have seen them with jack dempsey's, convicts, firemouths, GT's etc etc, best to have a backup tank just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

We have our albino veil tail oscar (12 inches) currently in a tank with 5 blood parrots (5 - 8 inches). So far there has never been any problems. The parrots were in the tank first, and when we added the oscar he was only about 2 inches, so he has grown considerably faster than the parrots but leaves them alone.

~~Ray~~