Galaxy Rasbora

In the last ACE news letter there was an article on Michael Pham breeding them locally. It was also mentioned that there would be a few bags available at the auction...

it will be interesting to see how much they go for!

nev

Edited by nevchewy

Best if possible to buy captive bred as the article states what is happening to the area they are from based on the fish trade "must have the new fish" scene.

Not against anyone who has bought wild caughts by any means but be a shame for this species to be extinct this soon after discovery.

I myself would love to get my hands on a set and do a species tank for breeding. Both for bragging rights and for the hobby ingeneral. Not to mention for a small fish they are beauties!!!!

Best if possible to buy captive bred as the article states what is happening to the area they are from based on the fish trade "must have the new fish" scene.

True, and although most shops will not be buying any more wild specimens, there are a lot in local shops left from the first couple of batches into Canada that are not doing any captive breeding whilst they are in the stores.