Best place to buy?

Gman

I am new to this and just getting started, and I was just wondering where the best place in Edmonton to buy african cichlids? I have 9 now in a 55 gallon tanks. Is that enough or can I get more? I will be posting some pics later, cause I am having a problem trying to figure out what I have and if they are malesor females. Any advice on the first two questions would be great. Thanks.

I would suggest coming to an ACE (Aquarium Club of Edmonton) meeting and while introducing yourself mention that you are interested in African Cichlids. There are quite a few people on here as well to draw information from. You could also show up at the next ACE auction where there are a number of different African Cichlid species that go up for auction.

For more info on ACE: http://www.fish-club.org/index.php

Stacey

I went to that place on there on southside today, and man are they ever informative and helpful. Thanks degrassi for that, i will be going there more often now. But as far as going to Paradise Pets in St.Albert, i will let anyone now that they filter the same water through all tanks there and they fish are not taken care off to well. That is only my opinion on that.

I went to that place on there on southside today, and man are they ever informative and helpful. Thanks degrassi for that, i will be going there more often now. But as far as going to Paradise Pets in St.Albert, i will let anyone now that they filter the same water through all tanks there and they fish are not taken care off to well. That is only my opinion on that.

Have to agree there, we went in the other night and at least 1/3 of the tanks had ich. A sad state really as they did have some nice fish but we weren't going to touch that.

Big Al's Rocks!

Stacey