Working with "Friends" option

This seems as fine a place as any, I suppose.

The old Buddy system was dropped when Invision went from 2.1.x to 2.2.x which is what we are now running. The friends list is more of a social networking tool that is visible to everyone, as opposed to the 'you can only see your own buddies' system. I was under the impression that names in your old buddy list should have come over and been automatically added as friends in the new system. I take it this is not the case? I never used the Buddy system previously to test it out or know it was missing.

As for comments... am I also to assume there was a section in the Buddy list you could add your own comments? Or was this something Buddy-generated? If so, then everyone has the ability to post comments on their friend's profiles, in the current version.

I have found this link:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/ips_n...ry&eid=1933

Which is from Invision on the development of the Friends list and how it came about. Not quite the help section you are looking for, but it may at least cover the basics and give you an idea on whether or not it will suit your purpose.

If you have anything you'd like me to suggest to Invision for the next round of upgrades, PM me and I can forward the info to them. They do listen to their customers, which is a very nice thing.