Fishytimes 68g reef. Pics

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again guys. Only so much you can do with 20g.Giving some serious thought into upgrading. Cant decide between converting my fw 55g (48"lx12"d x18t) or have a 40 cube made.well almost cube (24"x24"x16"t).Snaped this random pic the other day.

IMGP0910.jpg

If you actually are at the limit for that tank I can't imagine how cool you could make a 40 or 55 gallon tank. I say go for it!

I currently have a medium sized green monti cap and a yellowish scroll coral sitting in my frag tank waiting for me to try and find a place for them in the display. Will probably end up taking a frag off them and selling the mother colonies to try and squeeze them in. Like I said have been thinking of upgrading to one of my other tanks, but I just acquired a 150w mh pendant(with a 2x24w HO T5 retro fit kit for actinics) that I decided to build into a "floating" canopy for the 20g. Have got a prototype canopy built and floating over top the frag tank now. Just trying to work out all the bugs and decide if the light loss from it being suspended over the tank will bother me too much, before I make the final canopy out of maple. So Im not sure if I will be making the jump to the 55g just yet.

Edited by fishytime

Ya I know shark....but Ive never been one for patience. I squeezed in another couple wee small zoa frags. I had to make a little frag bridge to get em in there. The g/f doesnt like how it looks, but I think it looks alright.

IMGP0931.jpg

IMGP0930.jpg

IMGP0915.jpg

IMGP0923.jpg

IMGP0917.jpg

I hope my entrance to the dark side turns out as well as yours has. Congrats on the tank.

Brad

I hope so too Brad. You will have to start a thread to keep us all up to date. Thanks AGAIN shark. The camera Im using is a pentax optio 6.0 waterproof cam. Ive been very happy with the quality of the pics, considering that it was not a terribly expensive camera. Here is a sneek peek of the canopy that Im building.

IMGP0943.jpg

What are you going to use for lamps. MH and T5? What combination of bulbs? I'm going to do a pico tank for my girls and try led's on it. LEDs are a pretty neat diy project, the electronics are almost as steep a learning project as the leap into SW.

Brad

What are you going to use for lamps. MH and T5? What combination of bulbs? I'm going to do a pico tank for my girls and try led's on it. LEDs are a pretty neat diy project, the electronics are almost as steep a learning project as the leap into SW.

Brad

150w MH(either hamilton 14k or ab aqualine 10k havnt decided yet.) and 2x 24w HO T5s for actinic.