Fishytimes 68g reef. Pics

My firefish peter paned out of the tank yesterday and became a CCC( crispy carpet critter) rip little buddie :cry: Guess I pushed my luck with him to long. Was gonna do something about the open top after I move in a couple weeks. At least on the bright side I get to make another fishy decission. Cest la vie. Tank shots from this past weekend( last shot of Jumpy the firefish).

IMGP0544.jpg

IMGP0542.jpg

IMGP0540.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWWWW! That sucks. Was worried about that.

Was my first loss with this tank (asside from my hermits killing a couple snails). Oh well...live and learn right? Well I decided to trade one of my chunks of xenia to zylumn for a hynophora rigata frag. Added an emerald crab and got a free "super mario" shroom. Here's pics of the new stuff and a few more growth pics.

IMGP0547.jpg

IMGP0548.jpg

IMGP0553.jpg

IMGP0550.jpg

IMGP0552.jpg

IMGP0554.jpg

IMGP0556.jpg

IMGP0560.jpg

Thats a dandy! I wish my LFS would give deals like that :rolleyes:

Tank's looking really good!

Thanks alot shark. He probably would have charged me for it but I spoted one single little shroom in one of his big tanks. When he went to grab it we realized that it wasnt attached to the piece of rock that it was sitting on so thats why I think I got the freebie. Elite is one of my favorite stores and Colby is a really good guy.

Well I added a six line wrasse to replace Jumpy the firefish. I was gonna wait til after I move but I couldnt stand looking at one lonely ocellaris in my tank. WAS really worried about moving the SW tank but Colby at Elite said that since my new house is only a few blocks away I really shouldnt stress about it to much. Have read about some BAD tank moves. And ....I got my ricordia!!! :D. I'm so pumped.I will try to get a couple shots of Streaky the six line, and some pics o rics in a day or two once things have settled in.

Edited by fishytime

So where did you score the ricordia? What color? I would love to get my hands on one or two of those!

I got the ricordia at Golds. Green with green mouths and green with orange mouths. They have more but I think the pieces they have left are huge and kinda pricey. Elite has been promissing mushroom frags including rics( he thinks) for a while(not in yet). Probably in the next week or two. The piece I got had 11 shrooms on it and I broke a piece with three on it off in hopes of selling it after they recover for a bit. The rock split right under one of the shrooms so its kinda just hangin there at the moment. Also the part that I broke off was up against another rock so they look kinda bad right now. They are supposed to be pretty tough so I expect that they will recover fully. Did you get the pic thing figured out yet? The suspense is killing me. Wanna see your guys tank. So here are some pics o rics.Oh yeah and the "Super Mario" mush that was unhappy a week ago.

IMGP0565.jpg

IMGP0563.jpg

IMGP0564.jpg

IMGP0575.jpg

IMGP0574.jpg

IMGP0569.jpg

Renovation season is upon us, fishytime, so the camera thing will be on hold now until we get a rainy day. We are in touch with Apple over some technical issues right now, too. You may just have to stop by and take a look at the tank!

We were not smart like you. We have too much going on in our aquarium and as things grow we are going to have to start getting rid of some stuff. However, I want ricordia!

If/when you want to sell the little piece of rock with three ricordia mushrooms on it let me know. I would take that off your hands.

Have digital cam, not affraid to use it. Should I chill out with the pics? I don't know bout ya'll but I never get tired of looking at other peeps tanks. Wish more peeps here would ante up with more pics. Love to see the progress and what people are doin with their tanks.On a differant note I moved (all our furniture) yesterday, and will be moving the saltwater tank today :unsure: I hope it goes well and I dont lose anything ,or worse crash the tank. I'm nervous.

Well all my stressin was for nothing, the tank move went off without a hitch and most of the corals were opened up that same day. WHEW! So this week I decided to kick the tank up a notch and bought an AquaC remora skimmer, and a couple more zoa frags.

IMGP0585.jpg

IMGP0588.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You should Jerry....I humed and hahed about it for years thinking it was to difficult, to costly and to time consuming. Then a few months ago I went into a LFS that has a beautiful little 10g nano running and that was it. I quickly went home ,got on the computer and start reading. Then I started to get discouraged again as there is alot of conflicting info and opinions out there and some seriously complicated and pricey systems. So I went to every LFS in cowtown and started asking them about it and found out that a saltwater tank can be as low or high tech as you want to make it. Which is good cause at times I am financially challenged. Lighting is really the biggest cost(for a small tank) and possibly the live rock. I was originally gonna do a 15g but they dont make to many 20" lights so I went with the 20g and am glad I did. Now I'm looking at my 55g and my 110g and hmmm that would make a great reef tank :smokey: But I cant ...think my g/f would leave me. :boxer: They can be time consuming. It takes me a couple hours on the w/e to do the water change and cleaning and a few minutes every day to top up with fresh water and clean the glass. But over all its really not as hard as people make it out to be. I'm really glad I took the plunge into the salt.