humble beginnings

Very nice. Great pics too. Hows about a full tank shot?

Thanks guys. The full tank shot isn't so dazzling though. It's like a movie trailer - you've already seen all the best parts. I find full tank shots I've taken end up looking like a dull pile of boring rocks. I'll give it another try once I've scraped off some algae.

Edited by johnsmith

I would watch what you wish for. I have xenia that has completely taken over a tank and nothing into cept a few hundred brown zoos and about 75 or so soon to be xenia frags :shock:

Shhh - you'll drive the price down -roll-

Another example of how resilient corals are: I bought this green star polyp and it looked good for a couple of weeks then it went down hill and looked like this for weeks:

sick1.jpg

I moved it around and my hermit crab ate some of those white things and now it looks like this (still not very green and not a great picture, but it's getting greener):

gsp.jpg

That's fantastic. You saltwater people are getting to me.

I'm glad they got to me.

My latest acquisition (not the snail ;) :

frogspawn2.jpg

The fts:

fts.jpg

The xenia's a little too prominent right now, I'll have to move it somewhere. The next time I set this up I'm going to give sand a try. The barebottom look is just too ugly. Quite a bit of coraline algae is growing on the bottom but that won't cut it. I'm also getting some growth on the back wall but it's mostly little white snails.

Edited by johnsmith