Algae bubbles??

My sw tank (2 weeks old now) seems to be getting alot of things that look like they might be algae bubbles attached to the LR. What can I do to stop them from appearing? Does it have something to do with water?

They look like little light green-transluscent balls on a single stalk??? Anybody???

Emerald crabs can pop bubble algae but they have eaten up whatever has started growing. Blue legged crabs don't like my hair algae, they prefer food LOL...Should show pictures of Karen's eating hair algae and maybe they will get the message. hehe

It could be Grape Caulerpa if they grow on a vine tangs love it mine just goobles it up.

Does it look like this

http://centralpets.com/php/PrintFriendly.p...imalNumber=1797

or it could be Valonia here is a good little read and ditto for the emerald crabs I have manually removed them some did get popped but they did not seem to spread and I am offically rid of them

http://netclub.athiel.com/algae/algae.html

Edited by Murminator

If I ever figure out (a) our new camera and (B) how to post the pictures on here, Gr8Blade, you are more than welcome to use them to teach your hermits a few tricks. Thing is I only had a bit of hair algae on a frag I bought so maybe they just liked it because it was a change of diet!

I totally agree - mine just love NLS pellets, too!

Nope, it is small, seems to grow in little clusters, but not always. Too small to take a pic of with my crummy phone camera (lol). I have tried manual remover with tweezers but it comes right back :( It seems to be spreading.....and ...ah crap I accidentally popped some. Arrrgggggg!!! I still think it must be some algae bubble thing, and I am guessing my tank is going through the expected nitrate spike, because nitrites are finally at zero. Lots of other algae growing too on the top rocks, looks like tiny fern leaves and very fine "grass".

--_-- i hate algae

Edited by sharuq1