Channa Bleheri Species Only

Slough Shark

LOL, I might have to stear clear of them in that case!

I just had a little epiphany, if I'm going to use a powerhead, why don't I just use the Fluval 4 instead. I paid like $60 for the darn thing, might as well be using it, it has the same flow as a powerhead and works nearly the same way, why not?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dwarf (fully grown) in a 33 with a couple different filter options and the "powerhead on sponge" was the winner. Found him to be a VERY solitary fish and would just hide at the top rear corner of the tank, or under the various rocks and wood that was provided. Kinda boring... fish that just sits there all day in the darkest spot it can find... but I only had one (tried a pair but one got the living peanuts knocked out of it and was nevermore) so maybe a little community would help that.

I find keeping my 3 together seems to work well, they were introduced to the tank at the same time so they show their dominance once in a while but not problems between them. I am running an AC500, with a bubble wand (more for the look)

With the three in there, there is always lots of movement. A few baby fish to allow the Sh to do a little chasing and hunting if they feel like it. and they seem to like that, even more since spring in here.

I have recently taken the female festae out of the tank because she was causing nothing but greif and since then they have become awesome fish again.

I dont think it will matter to to much what you use for filtration as long as you have NO open holes for the escape artists.