180 gallon tank

cichlidkid

ok I may have a chance to build a 180 gallon tank. the problem is I have no bottom. :( do you think I could use a piece of plywood for the bottom and cilicone put a layer of 3 mm glass to it? would that work?

another thing. ifI built a 180 gallon, standard size would anyone be interested in it if it turned out really nice? in would have 1.75 inch braces allong all verticies.

the only problem is it would only be made out of 10 mm glass. that is only 1 mm above the recomended minimum BUT I would have the extra bracers.

just wanting to know if anyone would even look at it to buy it you dont halfto marry it or anything.

questions

what would you look at more ?

tank. 120 dlrs

tank and oak stank w/ solid oak doors 250 drls

tank and stand and sump who knows

those are the prices I would be looking to sell at if I sold they are prettyreasonable. I put crown molding on all my stands and they end up looking better than almosy anything you can buy at big al's

Edited by J-ROC

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to answer your reply about the bottom. But as a package of stand and tank, I'd be interested. Is there a chance you can post an image of the finished product when completed?

The price is far beyond reasonable, a new 90 gal tank will set ya back 280 smackolas, and a basic metal stand another 188 plus tax. LOL, than you have all the stuffings, and external/internal toys. I look at my 90 gallon, its sexy, but heck a cool grand has gone into already.

Are you sure about those kind of prices you quote?

Oh, not quite sure where you're located. Calgary? Edmonton? Would you deliver?

Anyways, simply put... interested.

Paradisius

sorry I didnt see your pm