I need help again!!! Different problem!!!!

turtlechick

I've got the filter thing figured out...I am using "Walmart Brand" Whisper filter and it finally cleared the water up and took care of everything, but now, about a week later, the water is completely cloudy and ORANGEY in colour!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What do I do?!?!?!?! HElp!!!!

Try a water change using your wc vacuum. Suction out the substrate. If gunk comes flying out in billowing clouds of orange gunk....it's your food. You may be overfeeding and the fish can't eat it all. If this is the case you'll find the fish are not hungry , you'll get (or already have had) a huge amonia spike and then a huge nitrite spike. Thouroughly clean out the gunk, wipe down the glass (it'll be slimy) and do a couple of 50% water changes the next 2 days. If you have "Prime" use it.

However if your substrate is clean and there is no slime on the glass, then I'm not sure what it is. Do your water quality tests and if all is normal (0) , the fish are eating and swimming well , then I guess you're ok lol. Sue

IF this is your turtle tank, and IF its a female, she might've laid eggs - my girls laid eggs a few times when I did a water change or changed something around drastically - the eggs broke up quickly in the water, but made it very cloudy... yours is a musk turtle, wasn't it? Mine are red-eared sliders, so I can't speak to the color of the eggs, or if this is even the problem - look for bits of shell in the substrate, if you use any. (Personally, I did away with substrate in my turtle tank to keep the tank cleaner....)

If not, the food advice above applies to turtles too...

Keep us updated. And don't worry, you'll be a great turtle mom before you know it!

Yes...it's in my turtle tank.....I haven't fed her anything orange....only green pellets and bits of meat and lettuce. Should I try to change the water? I thought I needed substrate in there....she likes to dig and bury herself in the small rocks......ohhhhhhhh....I just don't know. I hope I'm doing everything right. She seems happy. Eating, swimming, extremely active. I think those are all good signs :-) It could be eggs....I never thought of that. The water almost has a sparkly look to it, like irridescant or something.