Canister vs Power Filter

patrick

Well, I got it. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail!

Wish I'd noticed this thread before you won the bid. I bought an FX5 from Gold's in Calgary for $265 incl. GST. A good deal and none of the ebay risks.

Good luck with it.

I checked the retailers ratings before I ordered it and the reviews were excellent both in terms of support and shipping. I did not buy from an individual but an actual retailer posting on eBay, so I am not too worried. My total cost including all charges, shipping and GST ended up at CAD $251.

So how does the FX5 work out for you? How big is your tank?

Well, I got it. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail!

Wish I'd noticed this thread before you won the bid. I bought an FX5 from Gold's in Calgary for $265 incl. GST. A good deal and none of the ebay risks.

Good luck with it.

I checked the retailers ratings before I ordered it and the reviews were excellent both in terms of support and shipping. I did not buy from an individual but an actual retailer posting on eBay, so I am not too worried. My total cost including all charges, shipping and GST ended up at CAD $251.

So how does the FX5 work out for you? How big is your tank?

Patrick - GST is applied by CBSA when a retail item enters Canada, and the value is determined by the typical retail value of the same item sold in Canada. Not on the value that it sold for on eBay. Not a big thing, just thought I would point that out. Also, just in case you aren't aware of it, ask the seller to ship via the USPS as UPS etc will charge you an additional $50 or more in brokerage fees.

Patrick - GST is applied by CBSA when a retail item enters Canada, and the value is determined by the typical retail value of the same item sold in Canada. Not on the value that it sold for on eBay. Not a big thing, just thought I would point that out. Also, just in case you aren't aware of it, ask the seller to ship via the USPS as UPS etc will charge you an additional $50 or more in brokerage fees.

Thanks for the info. I contacted the seller in regards to the shipping. I have ordered quite frequently from the US lately without having to pay any extra fees, but I think it was via USPS. Having to pay an extra $50 would really suck!