Yipee! Cory eggs

Guppygirl

:):D My new breeding quad of bronze cories layed eggs this morning. The males just kept swimming around and around, chasing the poor female cory. At times she would attempt to hide her nose in the corner of the tank or in a plant. Thus the males were unable to create the t-shape needed for breeding giving her a break. Had to go to work, but have returned to find about four batches of eggs on the glass, thou she did put one batch on the new java fern but I moved them. This was so that if they ate them, not all would be lost. I have bred guppies and minnows but never cories so I am so excited. I still have my pepper cories left to spawn, now that is also a quad- 3 males and a huge female. Thank you so much Tetra-cory-loach for the healthy and breeding cories. I have had groups of cories before but never a spawn, so thanks. Will take your advice and put the eggs in a container with an airstone, hoping for some wigglers. :thumbs:

I did the normal 25% water change and instead of adding the warm water, I used cooler water. I also dropped my heater temp by roughly 2 degrees. The temp was about 77-78'f and now it is about 75-76'f. No change in water movement, but they have a bar airstone that goes around the clock.