Guppy not dropping fry

BlackMumba

Well, I have this one Guppy who since I brought her home has been prego's, she did about 2 weeks ago drop about 12 fry but had obviously not dropped them all cause she was still VERY pregnant. Its been two weeks since she dropped those 12. Its been almost two months since I got her. All the other guppies had their fry.

I am a bit concerned, should I be? The newest additions too my tank are going to be dropping their fry here shortly and she still hanging in there, poor thing looks like she is about to bust, SHE IS HUGE and HUGE for a very long time.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

I read on another forum that feeding them peas are a great way to induce birth. Just get some fozen peas and cook them in the microwave and peel the skins off. Apparently the vegetable fibre moves things along. Ithink I'll try this as well as one guppy and a platy have been holding for a while too.

You're welcome!

The BC based Canadian aquarium connection forum has been a great help. (BC is more into livebearers, snails and shrimp like me, where alberta seems more into larger fish and cichlids)

You should check it out (if you do register my referral name is kristarockstar)

http://www.canadianaquariumconnection.com/...?referrerid=168

Pretty much any livebearer as suggested..

Is also good for the digestive tract aswell for most fish as a treat now and then..

Well an update, Guppy still did not drop fry.... but as I was feeding the Guppies peas, the other one who by the ways prego's after my Blue Gal... she dropped fry. Only I didn't think she was ready yet, so I had her free swimming, and all the fry are no more gone!!! (Community tank food) I did manage to save ONE ....

Still waiting for BLUE to release her fry.....

Oh, and I started to breed my Betta's, the good news is my females are breedable, bad news my male did not make a bubble nest, did not mate... and she just dropped all the eggs, and ate them.

I was so disappointed, I think my male betta is going into retirement. (DAUGHTERSBEDROOM TANK) ...

Gonna try a different male with another female. Does any one know how often the females spawn?

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know how often the females spawn? Betta Splendens ( found out the answer to this question) 16 days or so...

Anyways, here is the update... I still did not receive any fry drops from the Blue Guppy she was huge! I should have got Pat to take a picture of her with his new camera! I got an idea, to put her in the double spawning unit, stress her out a little maybe then she will drop...

Well, I got home... and surprize i swear 80 fry lings.... don't know how many she ended up eating. Also, I am still hammering out breeding bettas... my boy that had eaten all my eggs, is now made another nest and I am getting him used to a new girlfriend (hehehe) I suck at match making ask my girl friends... anyways... here goes nofin ... :)