Hood for 3 T-5 4" bulbs

corrosionjerry

Leon built a canopy for his big tank, and he has T5 bulbs - you might be able to get some pointers from him. I'd just find a way to attach them to the shelf above the tanks, or make something quick: a couple legs to mount on the ends of the outer edges and a piece of board that I can tie/screw the lights to.

Leon built a canopy for his big tank, and he has T5 bulbs - you might be able to get some pointers from him. I'd just find a way to attach them to the shelf above the tanks, or make something quick: a couple legs to mount on the ends of the outer edges and a piece of board that I can tie/screw the lights to.

My problem is that I am a perfectionist.... I have to learn to be more resourcesful like you Jason! Would make my wife a whole lot happier doing it as well..

The guy at the lfs gave me a box that had been made to mount the T5 lights in. I am not sure of the dimension or wood, but it was a pretty basic design. I took it to a place that works with metals, I think sheet metals and stuff. He charged me $5 and used a piece of scrap that he bent and mounted inside the box for a reflector. Then my husband mounted the lights inside. I painted the box flat black and it worked well for many years. It just sat on top of the glass.

I took it to a place that works with metals, I think sheet metals and stuff. He charged me $5 and used a piece of scrap that he bent and mounted inside the box for a reflector.

This is not generally not recommended with T5 lighting. You quite honestly can double your usable light output by using proper individual reflectors with each bulb.