Boesmani Rainbows

corrosionjerry

Ok its time I did something with my Boesmani Rainbows... Have any of you spawned these fish?

I have two females that are about 3 1/2" fully mature. I have about 4 brilliantly colored males...

I have a 23 gallon long that I was planning on putting the two females and the best male that I have... does this seem ok ... is the 23 long going to be large enough...

I am going to put in a large chunk of Java moss and some hornwart ...

should I put in some slate?

I am looking for suggestions... Thanks

Honestly, I put a male and female into a twenty gallon with some java moss and a 12 inch pleco. As soon as I saw a baby I took the parents out, and now I have babies. There were only a few little tricks to it. I have a bubble filter, not a motorized one. There is a lot of Java moss. And feeding and seeing them can be tricky, just because they are so small. Plus you really have no idea how many you are going to have because they will hatch each day, a couple at a time. I went from having four on the first day, to having twelve now. Hope that helps. You can put in some slate, but it's not necissary, the only rock that I have in there is holding down the filter. Good luck.

Edited by Ehren

Honestly, I put a male and female into a twenty gallon with some java moss and a 12 inch pleco. As soon as I saw a baby I took the parents out, and now I have babies. There were only a few little tricks to it. I have a bubble filter, not a motorized one. There is a lot of Java moss. And feeding and seeing them can be tricky, just because they are so small. Plus you really have no idea how many you are going to have because they will hatch each day, a couple at a time. I went from having four on the first day, to having twelve now. Hope that helps. You can put in some slate, but it's not necissary, the only rock that I have in there is holding down the filter. Good luck.

Thanks for the Info: what did you feed the fry? I wonder if a breeding mop would be of bennifit ?

I am gone till Friday... so thanks in advance to any advice you or anyone has on this matter...

I put my best male and two large females into a 23 breeder today! Looks like hanky Panky is already starting.... How long before you noticed any eggs EHREN?

Large chunck on Java moss on a piece of driftwood ,a few sticks of Coloamba and a little piece of Hornwart..

Hate moving my Rainbows around like that.. hopefuly I can get the eggs out when it happens and put the fry into a 10gallon that has a well seasoned sponge filter and lots of plants. I would like to leave the breading Rainbows in the 23 to keep the stress down... It wasnt easy getting them out of my 75 gallon!

I read that if a person makes a breading mop out of yarn that they will lay their eggs in it and you can just lift it out of the breading tank and put it into a fry tank and all will be well... anyone have any expierence in doing this?

Thanks

I put my best male and two large females into a 23 breeder today! Looks like hanky Panky is already starting.... How long before you noticed any eggs EHREN?

Large chunck on Java moss on a piece of driftwood ,a few sticks of Coloamba and a little piece of Hornwart..

Hate moving my Rainbows around like that.. hopefuly I can get the eggs out when it happens and put the fry into a 10gallon that has a well seasoned sponge filter and lots of plants. I would like to leave the breading Rainbows in the 23 to keep the stress down... It wasnt easy getting them out of my 75 gallon!

I read that if a person makes a breading mop out of yarn that they will lay their eggs in it and you can just lift it out of the breading tank and put it into a fry tank and all will be well... anyone have any expierence in doing this?

Thanks

I have to start proof reading my post....my spelling sucks!

Success! My Boesmani have started spawning ... I counted at least 15 eggs on my Java moss... 3-4 on the sponge filter ... 2 on the verticle Combomba... not sure how many in a couple of stems of Hornwart and my breeding mops probably have 3-4...

I am going to put the Java moss into a 2 gallon fry tank and I think I will leave the rest for the time being.

As for the breeding mop, I am going to lay them lay them horizontaly on the substrate and see if I have more success with them that way as they were hanging vertically..

Does anyone know if cyclopz eez frozen for fry is any good?

Any other suggestions for food would be apreciated..