Pigeon Lake

Slough Shark

This weekend was much better than the last I was out. We caught 24 fish total (the lucky number for me, if I'm at 20, I ain't stopping 'till i have 24), 8 of which were pike.

Didn't see any perch come up to the boat this time, but we tried to net some in the shallows, plenty of shiners to be caught. Without further adieu, here are the pics:

Spot Tail Shiners for bait:

Spot-tailShinerI.jpg

One of 16 Walleye:

Goodwally.jpg

One of 8 Slough Sharks:

PikeCropped.jpg

Good weekend, I hope to have many more this summer!

Taylor

Sweet... that kicks the heck outta the last time you went. I'm envious. Just moved last month and havnt had the chance to get out yet. Was gonna flyfish the Bow on sunday but the water is to high and muddy right now. Didnt want to end up like the two boneheads that died on the Bow last night.

Yeah, I was very happy about the amount of fish we caught, the first 4 that I caught were caught in a row, as soon as I got the first one off and my lure back in the water, another grabbed on, they were so aggressive that weekend. Too bad you didn't get to go, good luck on you next trip!

Cheers,

Taylor

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I was very happy about the amount of fish we caught, the first 4 that I caught were caught in a row, as soon as I got the first one off and my lure back in the water, another grabbed on, they were so aggressive that weekend. Too bad you didn't get to go, good luck on you next trip!

Cheers,

Taylor

Where on Pigeon lake were you.? My son and I would like some of that action.

Cant beat the action out in front of the free provincial boat launch on the west side of the lake. Just look for the huge crowd of boats all anchored up and jiggin eyes. :thumbs: Was just there yesterday and as usual Pigeon lived up to itself...bigtime. Long drive though.

Nice. I can see you were fishing at the better end of the lake, we hardly catch walleye even that size! Mainly one-pounders or less here. What were you using on them? How many do you catch/ I have a lure that is dynomight on the eyes! I can tell you of a few if you want, I've had many hours on the lake to test out different lures in different conditions.

Hey, I was just admiring the photo of the wall eye, and brings me to remember a photo we took of one we had during a fish derby for young kids, this was my son's and Patricks catch during that trip...

this was a proud moment for him, it was his first catch and didn't know how to hold him right for the camera men who were there doing a special regarding this event. All the kids got a trophy as they were all catch and release!

post-2037-1184370654_thumb.jpg

Just plain old jig and minnow. Nothin fancy. Seemed to work best when you just dropped over the side of the boat and left it alone. We caught probably close to fifty eyes and one pike( no fish tale). Went through allmost 4 tubs of minnows.