Substrates

duff

Where have you guys found this pool filter sand?

and has anyone found a place to get the waterbed fill and drain pump that is exactly the same as the python one without the pricetag for a DIY

python no spill?

For sand maybe try "sandblasting sand" or Homedepot should have it.

Most hardware store should have the "waterbed unit"

Personally I just went with the short Python ie cheapest one. so that I had the two ends then use garden hose to extend..

I checked a number of hardware stores in Red Deer with no luck. Then I got the yellow page directory out and chased down a water bed store. They had the venturi and the reducer for the sink faucet for less than $10.

Vic

HD carries Target Play Sand in 50lb bags for around $5ea. It's better than other Play Sands b/c it isn't nearly as dusty.

HD carries Target Play Sand in 50lb bags for around $5ea. It's better than other Play Sands b/c it isn't nearly as dusty.

I have never seen this pool filter sand?,,,

I figured wheni went to Home Depot they would have more ornamental sands .. but.. no,,,

I am gonna check wally world before I check water bed stores/

Was funny big als online canda 11.49 for siphon pump... Big Als US 4.99

hmmm

I figured wheni went to Home Depot they would have more ornamental sands .. but.. no,,,

The Play Sand is in the cement isle. It's a little finer than Pool Filter Sand.

The Play Sand is in the cement isle. It's a little finer than Pool Filter Sand.

I found the play sand I just have not seen all this other options people mention

Henry at Nature's Corner carries the siphon attachement for around $6-$7 I think. I bought two of those siphons and made two 60' DIY pythons for around $25 apiece. I bought valve and hose fittings and vinyl hose at Totem. I went with the smaller i.d. hose as it was half the cost. I might upgrade this for the python I use at home as I found the smaller i.d. vinyl hose has a tendency to kink and fold on itself easily.