WTF!? my angel looks like it got it's @$$ kicked

Guest Master of Puppets

I just turned on the light to my tank and my angels top biggest fin looks bad its quite shredded. I've also seen odd things in my tank lately my pregnant now dead guppy got a bite taken out of it's tail a week or so ago, my sunset gourami is hiding a lot lately which is very odd, my colbalt gourami had a hug bump on it's side (I think from my CAE becuase when I moved my CAE into my 22gallon tank which is now out of commision and the bump went away from the gourami), oh and I forgot to add I havent seen my biggest super bright cherry shrimp in a while. I'm worried about my fish please help me. The fish I have in my tank are:

1 gold gourami

1 colbalt gourami

1 sunset gourami

2 congo tetras

2 bleeding heart tetras

1 unpregnant guppy :(

2 glass cats

1 bronze cory

1 clown pleco

1 CAE

1 battered angel

1 clown loach

1 yoyo loach

2 or maybe 1 cherry shrimp I love a lot

2 amano shrimp

I no my tank is over stalked but I had them divided into 2 tanks but I got into a family arguement and had to take down my amazing looking 22gallon tank.

The CAE could be attacking the other fish. They have a tendency to become quite aggressive when they get bigger and like to suck onto the sides of fish. Or could the gouramis be shredding the angels fins? Try to watch the tank closely and see if the fish arne't getting along.

Also with all those fish in the tank you need to do a lot of water changes or else the fins can also start to ge tfin rot.

As for the shrimps, I'm surprised you can even kept them in a tank with loaches, angels and gouramis. I have angels and zebra loaches in my tank and any shrimp I add to the tank lasts only a few minutes.

I would recommend giving away (or selling cheap) a few of the fish on that list... there are too many social/schooling fish in small groups, and that's not good for them. If the overstocking issue isn't actively solved by you, it will eventually solve itself through multiple fish deaths. I'd recommend selling the tetras, cory, loaches, and glass cats. All are social fish in groupings far too small for their health. It would simultaneously solve your problem with overstocking.

What are your water parameters like (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, temperature)? Fin rot is usually caused by environmental problems. Often if you can get the water into good shape, the fish will recover on its own. I have no doubt the cherry shrimp were eaten, and to be honest, I'm shocked that the amanos are still alive. Usually loaches (especially clowns) will make short work of them.

The amanos have been there for a very long time they're about 2 inches long and i plan to get more congos and keep my clown and i plan to get more glass cats and corys and move my gouramis to a different tank. With the water parameters i cant test for them i only have a nitrate test kit.

That could definitely cause problems. I'd watch out for ich in the next few weeks...

Your root problem is still overstocking, however, and until you're willing to give away a bunch of those fish, you're going to continue to have health problems.