Algae Eaters

Guest Master of Puppets

You mean community type fish? You really need to list the exact fish,or atleast the type, as "almost any" is extremely vague.

Nerite snails(zebra, ruby etc.), SAE, mollies and Algae shrimp(fish that aren't big enough to eat them) usually work in a community tank without aggressive fish.

Well I plan to get kind of agressive fish not like ones that will try to eat my hands but shrimp won't work or snails but I think I'll go with a SEA.

I would go with the mollies, but the SAE work weel too. 1 quick question. Why are you trying to avoid plecos? They as a group are almost as diverse as can be. They come in all different sizes, shapes and colours. They also come in different temperments. There is a right pleco for almost any freshwater aquarium situation.

IME, sae's can be quite aggressive. I had them in with africans(tangs) and finally had to get rid of them when they got to be around 5" because they were pushing around my cichlids.

Are you sure they were SAE and not CAE? CAE are known to be mean, especially when older.

I"ve always had a couple SAE in my comunity tank(angels and various small fish) and they have never shown any aggression.

I guess it could be one of those "each fish has its own personality" thing. Unfortunately you got stuck with a aggressive one.