Strange critters

Terrie Lee

I stare into my 5g tank often because it sits on my desk. I keep finding strange critters in there.

Anyone want to help me figure out what they are?

1. There is a very very tiny white dot-like thing that I occasionally see making tiny circles on the glass. It kinda looks like a very tiny daphnia that is stuck to the glass. If I look very closely I can see tiny legs protruding from the top of the circle.

2. There was a short worm-like creature I just took out of there. It kinda looks like a very small slug or an earthworm. It was crawling along the glass like a snail without a shell. When I reached in to capture it, it swam away like a snake.

All I have in this tank is a bunch of cherry shrimp and some java moss. The filter is a sponge filter.

I have the tiny little white dot bugs in my shrimp tank when I dont' keep up on water changes. Not sure what they are but they seem harmless.

The slug type worms are probably planaria. I've also had this in my shrimp tank when I've overfed and didn't do enough water changes.

Nothing really serious. Just up the cleaning and they should go away.