69g African Tank Stocking Suggestions

EmilyB

We just recently took down our inwall SW tank. Since the remaining dregs of coraline and aragonite lend themselves to African cichlids we are going to take that route. We kept cichlids about 8 years ago, so it's not new, just forgotten....

I am thinking peacocks for a more placid tank but I've never really liked the look of them much.

So, if it were you, what would you end up with in a tank this size ? We have a sump and bioballs on it. Some good lighting which could support plants..

Tang. community tank...

Assuming your tank is 48" long...

Top water - Standard cyps.

Mid / caves - some paracyps., a pair of adult calvus or juli or leleupi or buescheri

bottom - shellies (then skip the leleupi or buescheri)

I thought maybe the tangs were out because of the higher pH. I'd love some calvus or lupes. What are standard cyps?

Tang. community tank...

Assuming your tank is 48" long...

Top water - Standard cyps.

Mid / caves - some paracyps., a pair of adult calvus or juli or leleupi or buescheri

bottom - shellies (then skip the leleupi or buescheri)

You'll have to check out my tanks when you come to the frag swap. You might get some small bit of inspiration. I've never really tried to do a planted tang tank, but I have seen it done. All the plants I tried just ended up getting ripped to shreds and floating around the tank.