3 more new pictures...

Charles

Newly aquire F1 Triglachromis Otostigma... Trying to setup a either 30" or 36" long for them (2" right now)... Any input of them will be greatly appreciated...

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

Another shot of Neolamprologus Petricola... Growing pretty fast now... Biggest one is over 2.5"... Starting to show some yellow some blue...

IMG_1029.jpg

This is an extraordinary species that can detect food items on/in the gravel with the ventral pointing extensions of their pectoral fins. I was lucky enough to have them breed a couple of years ago. Sexual differences are non-existent, as even when breeding, they exchange care of the eggs and young. The females don't show any signs of being gravid, and their secretive behaviour prevents prolonged observation of their habits. If you're lucky one day you'll spot fry and begin feeding bbs or microworms, from there the fry are relatively easy to raise. The tank I had them in had at least 3" of crushed garnet gravel which they will definitely move around to their liking, with some 6-8" sections of 1.5"PVC for them to use as tunnels. They are very shy, especially at first, but will eventually let you approach without hiding once they know you. It would also be advantageous to house them either in a very wide tank, or one that is situated so you're looking in the side as this allows them to retreat to the back to get away from you, much like discus.They also seem to prefer subdued lighting, probably due to the niche of Lake Tanganyika that they inhabit. They seem to prefer smaller food items, and I don't remember them being picky as to what they get fed. Hope this helps.