NEW TANK 230 Gallon

ve6djj

:beer: I NEED A TANK NOW oh yeh and to seal the plywood ...thats enough work this weekend on this project so now I'll take the rest of the day off.....David

p.s. Smokey the dog in the pic is MOJO one of 3 dogs we have and he shares my love of reef tank keeping .... :drool: I think.....

post-18-1106505998

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update I have 2 250 watt MH and balasts . so what to mount them to.Well I looked at a comercial hood to much not right even... then I decided to go to Acuform in Reddeer today and find out what it would coast to make it out of stainless...oops too much so decided on aluminum 74 inches long 28wide with 6 inch 90 deg and 45 on the other side... 168.00 plus tax it will be ready on friday so before I head back to calgary I'll grab it ...... ciao David

p.s. will be adding some 50/50 and atinic

:thumbs: :drunk: The tank is in and it looks big cool and I put the sump in place tonight now I need 4 strong backs and weak minds I'll get them from work dock skum I think.... hahaha dennis has no roome in his back room tank takes it all up ..... David

post-18-1107315093

:beer: well the tank is here now just a lot of pluming to do and 2 pumps to get .... salt some new base rock and then I'll be up and running ...... David

P.S. has anyone ever used TUFA Rock for base any ph problems or just standard curing time then cover with live .....???????

post-18-1107403403