Coralife 48" t-5 dual strip fixture

humpty

i came home from work today and my lights weren't on. I have all my tanks on timers. So I played around a bit and found out the lights wont turn on at all. I have had this fixture which i bought brand new, for about 6months. I have never had any problems before. Can i buy ballasts for this kind of light fixture?

If this was purchased new it should be under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I have moved the lights from my 150g to my 80g, so now i need a 6' fixture. Would i be able to use regular flourescent fixtures from home depot? They are only like $30 and the bulbs are like $3. It would save me alot of money. Then i wont get so pissed off when my lights blow.

Would i be able to use regular flourescent fixtures from home depot?

You certainly can. I use regular household fixtures in my fishroom

They do have aquarium grow bulbs that are flourecent at Home Depot... They do not have the output that the coral life or other highend lighting systems put out but they certainly have the right light spectrum... They work good with aquariums that are shallow and have plants that require low to medium light... And of cource they are good just for general light...