Mbuna vs Peacocks

BigA

My breeding pair of Sunshine, and Eureka's were in their own tanks until about a week ago when I have to move my male Venustus into a tank of his own and a male blood parrot into his own tank as well, and no they were not sharing the same tank.

~~Ray~~

Ah ok, I was just wondering because from the way your last post was written in sounded like you were breeding Peacocks in that 1 55g with 4 different species of Peacocks in there. Was just curious to how you would not have them cross-breeding with 4 different species in 1 tank unless it was all males.

My 65 has 8 adult Acei and a lonely pair of yellow labs, and the ten of them together is a 'nice' stocking level, IMO. The Acei are VERY active and use the full depth of the tank, even though my tallest rock pile in the tank is no more than 10" high. With them all at 4" tops, they have a TON of room to move around, and get their exercise. Lots of flow is the trick, I have 600gph worth of powerheads in addition to the canister.

The other trick I have to a completely peaceful tank? One male cichlid. Nice thing about Acei... they all look the same from a distance so you have a lot of colourful fish but they are (fairly) easily sexable in the store for picking and choosing.