Edmonton's Rainforest

Slough Shark

Took a trip with the dogs to Edmonton's Rainforest (as I like to call it) yesterday. There's always plenty to photograph here, especially at this time of year. Moose, Deer, Garter Snakes, Frogs, Trout, and many Bird species can be found, not to mention the vast variety of plants and fungi. Here are a few pics of Chickackoo Recreation Area.

EdmontonsRainforest.jpg

Fern.jpg

FairieChairs.jpg

Shroom.jpg

Shrooms.jpg

Just a taste of the many beautiful things to be seen here.

Taylor

Dang Patrick, I had no idea you did the WCT! I will join you in the club someday! Though I will likely finish far after you due to many stops for photography :rolleyes:

No I don't think that it quite beats BC's Rainforest, but it certainly has it's own charm to it. What did you see for wildlife on the trail? How many were in your party? I will have to ask you more about it later on...

Dang Patrick, I had no idea you did the WCT! I will join you in the club someday! Though I will likely finish far after you due to many stops for photography :rolleyes:

No I don't think that it quite beats BC's Rainforest, but it certainly has it's own charm to it. What did you see for wildlife on the trail? How many were in your party? I will have to ask you more about it later on...

There was 4 of us but one dropped out due to an injured foot, she was picked up by heli, which really is the only way to get out of there if something goes wrong. Doing the trail in 6 days is actually fairly relaxed. We started each morning around 8am, stopped for lunch, and then continued walking until 5-6pm. Spent an hour to set up camp and another hour cooking and cleaning. Adding one extra day or two would give you lots of time to explore.

We saw lots of bald eagles, all kinds of other birds, sea lions, wales, lots of creatures on the shore when the tide was high. We also talked to some people that ran into a black bear just an hour before we met them. Lots of those slugs as well. That is a large ziplock bag by the way. The slugs were 5+ inches.