Ordering Bettas

Slough Shark

Yep I do... to all of the questions above... I just ordered in from Atisonbetta HM betta ... I know he carries all sorts of betta's wild type too...

The cost for shipment from him is 50 for one pair, additional fish is 7 dollars.

So, if you're going to order get a large order, if you can get a group together and order a bunch its cheaper...

I am sure he will have betta Pi, if he doesn't he will be able to get some pretty darn quick... he is the worlds best betta breeder, so you will be certain to get quality betta's

He will also guide you as to the best breeding practices...

http://www.atisonbetta.com/gallery16.asp

he has a gallery of all species, here is the pug go through his gallery you might want a variety of them! LOL I know I do !

If you do plan on ordering some, let me know.. I might know of someone else who might be interested as well :)

Edited by BlackMumba

Thanks for the explanations! It looks like the only Mouthbrooders he has in is B. macrostoma, but I will do alot of reserach and thinking and make my descision whether or not to make an order.

He i believe only advertises the Macrostoma, maybe e-mailing him with questions on the others he has in his gallery... cause when you read the gallery he does sell wild types, (not ones in the wild though) he saves those to breed then sells the bred fry i believe they are not allowed to sell wild caught overseas (Thai government) only once they have breed and their fry can be sold, Some Betta breeds are in huge trouble over there and Atison is doing everything he can to save the species... I am sure he sells more but the demand is not so great so he doesn't advertise them.

I would add a link, but my browser isn't allowing me to open his website at them moment...

If you or anyone else is interested in a species of Mouthbrooding Bettas or wild types ... let me know I can and will find all the information through Atison on how much each and what kinds etc....

Just PM with your questions, I will get you answers as as possible, remember that Thailand is a day ahead of us, and their morning is our night etc.. so I will need a couple days to get that information too you~!

Atison, is also travelling around the Globe to Betta Congress meetings so sometimes he doesn't get back to my e-mails straight away ... but once the infomation does come I will send you your questions with answers.

hummmmm....any chance he might come to Canada....even maybe Alberta for one of his trips? If so I would put a huge effort into getting a very large group order in if the cost of shipping was negated by his bringing then out with him.

I couldn't answer that question, I am not sure how the Betta congress gets him, I know he has judged for IBC before years ago, and recently went to German's Betta Club...

I can ask him, but I am certain that we would have to pay his trip cost, and hotel fees, which can be a couple thousand dollars.... we could get a fairly large order for cheaper I am sure.

It would be nice to have him though as a guest speaker... but I am not sure there is enough of a demand for that...

Shipping costs really aren't that expensive... its a bit more, but its only for the first two fish then the rest is only 7 per fish.... so if you have a few join in an order you can divide the entire cost of shipping between the the few...

A shippment from Ontairo is 34.95 express mind you you don't have to pay per fish, but being that its from overseas, the transhipper needs to make a buck or two for their troubles, when you think about it ... if you get a fish for 12.00 + 7.00 = 19.00 for one fish....

Now that price would change for each fish you would order, a hmgeno can go for 20 to a HM 30 each fish... as an example.

Of course I am not certain of the price range for the Pugs/PI/other breeds of mouth brooders...I would have to contact him for a price list... I am certain that he would prob make a great deal for a group order, he has reduced his prices for me before...

SO, if there is a large enough order, we might get wholesale prices :)

Which would also be a huge savings....

More the merrier! If say you/Slough/Me divide the cost of shipping into 3 plus wholesale prices... huge savings! I worked it out to be for shipping only 37.66 each person would pay for 50 = 1 pair + extra female

21 = 1 pair + extra female

21 = 1 pair + extra female

Total cost per person 73.66

that is based on a price of 12.00 per fish....

if we can get each fish down to 10.00 per fish that brings you down to almost 70 for three fish divide that by three fish = your cost per fish is 23.33

Not totally unreasonable actually!

Now if you do it individually you pay the full shipping costs... which is hard pill to swallow! I did it and I choked! LOL

bump: I had contacted her, and her batches got ick and she lost all the fry, she is having troubles atm... but she is also hunting for more wild types as well and is interested in a group order if we should go through with it...

I have contacted Atison to see about these varieties to see his prices...

Betta Pungnax

Betta PI

Betta Simplex

Betta Mandor

Betta Channoides

I will keep you all up to date on my findings... I know I am excited about the prospect of obtaining these! So, yeah I am working hard to find the best deal on getting some.... I am getting in contact with all that I know and breeders I have dealt with in the past I know I can rely on them.

It's safer to go with what you know then what you don't...

Ashley is wonderful, I have some of her bettas half moons here, my fry I currently have, are from one of her females. She is also in contact with me trying to locate some local wilds we are e-mailing each other with leads....

If you do stop and shop I could use a few females she's got maybe I should get you to pick me up a couple, her newest batch are wonderful... hahaha let me know when you get there, I think her females go for 5 each...

Wow thanks for all the info. I also emailed Atison asking baout my two Mouthbrooder species. The male Betta pi was dried up on the carpet :mad:

Due to my stupidity, I rid myself of a great opportunity, good job Taylor! But I do still have the pugnax, so I would like to breed him still. And those smaragdina caught my eye, I think maybe I could for a for a trio of them too. But I would like to wait a bit, and you could probably use the time to find more tanks lol! I want to find a veil tail female for

Slough if your looking for a veiltail female, I have one she is a been a great breeder of mine... although the males ate all the eggs .... You can have her ! I call her Dolphin she has a wonderful personality...

I am currently awaiting a response from Atison still, I couldn't order straight away myself, have to convince patrick to make more stands for me !! hahahaha

my puppy eyes don't work as well as they used too lol

Anyways, it still would be wonderful to know the prices so we all have an idea...

I did find a site where we could order 50 min at .88 US/ a pungax... but never ordered from this person before so I am a little worried... I know Atison's product and Ashleys so I trust them...

Oh thanks! A good breeder eh? Well I'll definitely take her if she's up for grabs, though I am a little... transportationally retarded!! I have no liscense (as i am not old enough yet... heh don't even have my learners yet), so there is no (legal)driving for me.

I got this when I emailed Atison:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

Same as you?

Yes, it would be nice to know Atison's prices, though i have not ordered from him before, I trust him from his reputation and because of your experience with him.

Thanks,

Taylor

Not a problem SLough I can drop her off... just pm me the information...or if you can get to Aquarium Enthus... gosh i can't spell, any ways I work right around the corner from them pretty much...

also, I didn't get that message from Atison when sent yesterday... dunno I know it takes a couple days for him to respond.