What do you feed your plecos?

chloeclose

I have 2 bristlenoses, a male and a female, that I got from Oxquo. They are about 5 inches and 3.5 inches respectively.

They did an awesome job of cleaning up the algae in my tank but now I'm concerned they aren't getting enough nutrition since they did their jobs so well!

I have driftwood in the tank which the male never comes out from under...

I swear I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen him! :lol:

I put in a piece of zucchini squash every few days that they seem to like but was wondering what else would be good for them?

I also put large sinking wafers but I have no idea if they actually eat those! :rolleyes:

I don't want them to starve but I DO want them to keep on with the cleaning and they are so shy I would never know they were starving until it was too late I think.

Suggestions welcome!! :)

I feed my BN plecos zuchini, brocoli stems(peeled), carrots, cucumber, even tried pumpkin at halloween. I pretty much use whatever i have on hand. They really like the zuchini and carrots best. I feed them a veggie atleast 1 a week. I toss in a algae waffer or a sinking bottom feeder tab every 2 days or so.

• 1 month later...