Newell lake snake

fishytime

Heres a shot for you sloughshark. I know you like fishing as much as I do. I got this one trolling a blue and silver crank. My buddy got one that was probably pushing 20 pounds, that we lost at the side of the boat. I say "we" cause I was manning the net. It was my first time fishing at Lake Newell, lets just say it wont be my last.

IMGP0970.jpg

It was my first time fishing at Lake Newell, lets just say it wont be my last.

That is one nice catch, :thumbs: what sort of fish is in the pic that you caught? :unsure: walleye? where is Lake Newell? What is all stocked in it? Is it catch and release?

I love to fish as well, just don't get the opportunities to get out and do it as much as I like too, plus I certainly am not a seasoned fisherlady but do love the challenge when I do get out there. :thumbs:

It was my first time fishing at Lake Newell, lets just say it wont be my last.

That is one nice catch, :thumbs: what sort of fish is in the pic that you caught? :unsure: walleye? where is Lake Newell? What is all stocked in it? Is it catch and release?

I love to fish as well, just don't get the opportunities to get out and do it as much as I like too, plus I certainly am not a seasoned fisherlady but do love the challenge when I do get out there. :thumbs:

That's a "Slough Shark", a Northern Pike :bang1:

Nice catch!

Noice, very noice! That's the pretty much perfect size for a Pike IME. The monster pike are just like reeling in big logs sometimes, and their patterns aren't much to look at, sure you get the thrill of holding up a lunker for the picture, but I don't think it's as sweet a feeling as fighting a tough mid-sized pike and holding it up. As for the wee Slough Sharks (the ones I target), they are wicked little guys! They fight so darn hard and their patterns are just so beautiful, I love me, feels great to release them.

I have heard good things about Lake Newell, I need to get my Drivers Liscense so I can check out some of these other lakes!!!! Glad you had a good trip, and thanks for the show and tell.

Taylor