In line heaters and UV (not in one)

happeboy

maybe this would have been better in two threads but I want to save digital paper.....

Hydor maybe other to make inline heaters are they any good... my heaters work fine but as I say I like gadgets and finding ways to waist money.

and more seriously UV sterilizers. How well do they work? Something like the Pentair Aquatics Lifegard UV Sterilizer - 8 Watt for my 90g chichid tank. I've heard that they may not be to effective because of the limited exposure the water has to the UV. Is that true? is it more a gimic? I know if water conditions are right I shouldn't need it but I'm still getting a hang of this. And Im parinoid :boxed:

UV sterilizers are often rated at way to high flow rates. They may keep your water clear and crisp but they will not be able to kill parasites etc. I just picked up a 9W UV sterilizer with pump that has a flow of only 50 gallon per hour. That should be enough to kill pretty much anything going through it.

I'm running a coralife turbo twist on my 200 gal freash water and i must say the water is the clearest i've ever seen it.

The turbo twist wraps the water around the U.V. bulb 6 times adn then out. I had originaly bought for a bought of green water on my 90 gallon and moved it to my 200 gal to try it out i love it even if it doesn't kill all the bacteria. Oh and all the fish look great as well.

Edited by CORVETTE