CO2 Refills

fshkpr4evr

Where does a person get a CO2 cylinder refilled in Edmonton?

We need to know where your bottle came from. Did it come from a welding supply or a LFS?

I have a 25 lb. tank from Praxair. It's about $35 to fill.

Rick

shouldn't really matter where it came from as long as it is hydrotested... praxair only fills their tanks I believe, go to a welding supply shop. I forget the name of where I go its like $10 for a 10 lb tank its just off 51 ave and like 87th street.

That's Oxypro. Best call first. I've been told they won't fill anybody elses tanks also.

Liquid Air same thing.

Rick

Edited by Ruadh

We need to know where your bottle came from. Did it come from a welding supply or a LFS?

Rick

Did you initially get your bottle from Praxair, and if so how much? What Praxair location do you go to?

Thanks

I get my 20# filled at the local Coca Cola distributor. About $25 to fill and no waiting. Usually full before I get it paid for.

Vic

Rick

Did you initially get your bottle from Praxair, and if so how much? What Praxair location do you go to?

Thanks

It's $55 a year for the lease and $35 for the co2. I deal with the store on 170 st. and 108 ave.

Rick

• 1 year later...
shouldn't really matter where it came from as long as it is hydrotested... praxair only fills their tanks I believe, go to a welding supply shop. I forget the name of where I go its like $10 for a 10 lb tank its just off 51 ave and like 87th street.

Was this in Calgary or Edmonton?

I was phoning around in Calgary earlier in the week, and the quotes I got were all over $30 for a 5 lb tank.

Was this in Calgary or Edmonton?

I was phoning around in Calgary earlier in the week, and the quotes I got were all over $30 for a 5 lb tank.

Look at the date of the last post... :shifty:

• 1 month later...

To update this thread....where does one go for CO2 in Calgary? I just talked to the Recharge Centre (close to Blackfoot Inn) they charge $22 to refill a 5 lb bottle. They have refurbished 5 lb tanks for sale for $80 (full), is that a good deal? How long will a 5 lb bottle last on a 100 gal FW setup?

I've been taking mine to Sprouse Fire & Safety. It's usually about $20 for a refill on a 5lb tank. Although lately I have been getting stuck with a "materials charge" ($8) which no one can adequately explain... I think I paid $80 for a used tank there too.

Your tank should last 6 months or so, depending on how fast your bubble rate is, whether or not you turn it off at night, etc.