20 Gallon Stocking

Slough Shark

Thanks Nick! I will definately go for them, how long can you hold on to them for? I'm going to get some paint this week for the tank background, and then I'll get myself a filter for it, how much flow, will an AC70 do? I guess I can give them some of my spare boulders until I can get my hands on some slate for caves, will that work (i don't like the look of clay pots)?

And thanks degrassi, I'll definitely go for some HRPs now!

Thanks,

Taylor

No rush. They don't seem to mind breeding on rocks or driftwood or flowerpots, a lot like convicts that way.

Great, thanks. And are the fry easy to raise? Will I need a little tank to grow them out in, or are Mum and Dad safe with them?

They are very similar to convicts that way as well, the parents will look after them feed them some ground up NLS and all is good.

You might want to consider the type of dwarf cichlids fatpuffer has.. Their name escapes me atm. Triple red something Apistograma cocatides or something like that. Beautiful little fish. They have them over at Natures usually.

Edited by sharuq1

I have no filter for this tank yet. Can I DIY a sponge filter? They are essentially just a sponge with a tube leading out the top yes?

I have a spare AC70 intake tube and some filter inserts for the same filter, can I cut a hole in the sponge, jam the tube in there and call it a sponge filter???

Thanks,

Taylor