Clearwater River

Slough Shark

Thanks guys,

Finbert- darn rights, that is REAL camping, I love the feeling of putting on fresh clothes in your boots outside in the cold morning air! You're right, there's nothing like it!

Christian- thanks, and yes some of it was a bit heavy. I had the pack with lures, terminal tackle, some TP, extra reel, a bunch of rocks for tanks and my collection, also brought some rope for emergencies. Then I had my camera, two rods/reels, and usually I would have had a net as well. Also usually have waders and a jacket with me, but that day I had two shirts and under armour and wasn't planning on wading (did anyways and regretted it).

I am usually tired by the time I get out the perfect spot, but once I'm there it's always worth it.Whether I get pictures, big fish or little fish (or preferably all 3) I am always awarded for my trekking. And sometimes I get myself into hairy situations- such as those pics of that "lone mountain", I have hiked down cliffs similar to the one just below the trail to get to that lookout, very stupid and it took me about an hour to get all the way down!

Patrick- thanks, lol tent isn't mine, but it's a great one. Can't use any of those membrane tents as the propane heater would burn right through them, canvas tents are heavy as heck, but they are the best for autumn/winter camping.

Thanks for the comments guys,

Taylor