Clearwater River

Slough Shark

I'm gonna make like a baby and head out this afternoon, and the heading is southwest! Hopefully I will catch something and post some pics here, otherwise there will definately be some choice words coming out of my mouth. I have all the right stuff for catching the Agressive Chars that are in the area, so I don't see why I wouldn't come back with some nice pics of Brook trout and/or Bull trout!!!

No fish-hunting this time, but I pray I catch some trout on this trip, you can expect to see a report on the river come Tuesday!

Taylor

I'm gonna make like a baby and head out this afternoon, and the heading is southwest! Hopefully I will catch something and post some pics here, otherwise there will definately be some choice words coming out of my mouth. I have all the right stuff for catching the Agressive Chars that are in the area, so I don't see why I wouldn't come back with some nice pics of Brook trout and/or Bull trout!!!

No fish-hunting this time, but I pray I catch some trout on this trip, you can expect to see a report on the river come Tuesday!

Taylor

I am looking forward to your report. One question; will it be posted before or after the Survivorman show? B)

Taylor

If you ever make it up to Rocky give me a call . I live just above the North sask river. I know that the white fish would be good right now. Have a nice fishing hole about 5 min. from the house.Also not far from where the Clearwater enters the North Sask. Kow the people that own the land. Or can Walk there in about a half hr. Or Quad there in 15 min. So if you ever get up here let me know

I will take you fishing

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply guys, I was sick immediately after I got back and I just sort of forgot about this post after that. I'm still editing all the pics, so it may be a while yet till I get them posted.

Patrick- looks like it's a bit after the episode eh? LOL

Jerry- thanks for the good news. I was wondering why I wasn't catching anything, that really gets to you after a while.

Frank- thanks for the invite, I may have to take you up on that sometime.

So as you can read above, I caught nothing using my lures. But this time it really doesn't matter as it is such an amazing spot, and I put into consideration that I know nothing about trout fishing anyways. Great place, for great photography, I did get out on some solo missions fish-hunting too. I brought no net, but I still caught a juvenile Rocky Mountain Whitefish with my bare hands and naturally, the relatives didn't leave me alone about it the whole while we were out there. I was dubbed "The Fish Whisperer" by my uncle and I am greeted with that name by them now B)

So all in all, it was an amazing trip, I went out bugling for Elk with my uncle, we hiked up a mountain, I went wandering by myself by the river (saw elk, deer, and wolf (too big for coyote, no other dogs) tracks), did some solitude fishing, and had a great thanksgiving turkey dinner cooked over a wood-burning stove! I reccomend the trip for anyone who can stand the cold nights and mornings, one perk is it keeps out the fair-weather campers.

Cheers,

Taylor

i would be up for a trip, i would love to catch a golden.I seen some types of hibread trout on a fishin show they had caught a rainbow crossed will a brook and it was bright green really cool lookin they showed 4 diff crosses they all were funky lookin and all were caught in the wild would be cool to catch a diff cross than a cutbow lots of thoses in the elbow.

Here they are guys...

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/S...r%20River%2007/

Sorry again for the late reply,

Taylor

Sorry can't view the link as it is asking for your password

There's nothing like waking up in a tent a cold fall morning just around dawn with the frost on everything and the sun just starting to light it up, and then campfire-cooked breakfast with gritty cowboy coffee. Dammit you're making me all nostalgic and envious.

(fishing ain't bad either!)