Raphael catfish

Terrie Lee

I just moved the piece of bogwood that my Raphael cats live under and there was only one under there. There were two a week ago when I did my last water change. There were only 2 raphael cats and 2 German Rams in a 29 gallon tank.

Please tell me he dug himself into the sand and is probably okay.

I hardly ever saw him, but I really liked him.

I don't want him to be dead.

If he was dead you'd see his body they take a very long time to break down because of their tough scales and mine does dig into the grown and squeezes itself into the smallest places. I don't know for sure if the 1st thing I said is completly true because I've never lost one before, I just read it on a different forum.

I just moved the piece of bogwood that my Raphael cats live under and there was only one under there. There were two a week ago when I did my last water change. There were only 2 raphael cats and 2 German Rams in a 29 gallon tank.

Please tell me he dug himself into the sand and is probably okay.

I hardly ever saw him, but I really liked him.

I don't want him to be dead.

they are a great looking fish but it is too bad they dont come out during the day/lights. i haven't seen mine in a week :unsure:

The little @#$%!!! was hiding somewhere in the tank because he's there now. I don't know where because I poked all through the sand with a stick.

I'm just happy he did not jump out. I don't want to think about the rabbit's reaction to a spiky grunting catfish skittering across the floor.

If they felt threatened enough by the catfish's "song" they might attack, and I don't want to be pulling catfish spines out of a panicking bunny.

Heh, mine is always doing this too. For weeks I won't see him, and I will think "well he's dead cichlids musta killed him", but every time I end up finding him later in some bizarre hiding spot.