Marine Ick

mack165

Ok, I need advice about curing marine ick. It started with one fish which I quarentined right away and started treatment with Kick-ick. Now every fish in the tank is showing signs of it. I have been treating the whole tank for two weeks with kick-ick and it's just getting worse. The original fish and one from the tank have died.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

You will need to remove all fish from the main tank into a quarantine tank and treat there. You're p*ssing in the wind with Kick ich. It's expensive and usually does not work. Copper is your best choice. Feel free to stop by the store and talk to any staff about it. We also have copper and test kits on hand.

Read the article in the link below:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/index.php

Ok, I need advice about curing marine ick. It started with one fish which I quarentined right away and started treatment with Kick-ick. Now every fish in the tank is showing signs of it. I have been treating the whole tank for two weeks with kick-ick and it's just getting worse. The original fish and one from the tank have died.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Edited by Aquarium Enthusiasts

A few natural options for you would be to always have a cleaner shrimp of some variety or another and a neon or shark nose goby.

I have had my Salt tanks for years without one disease outbreak. Sometimes I find various fish with ich etc. and a day later there is no sign of it. The goby is good at cleaning the fish and the shrimp keep the goby clean. I hate to use chemicals especially when there is so much in a salt tank that will take a beating from them.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't try copper because two of my fish are puffers, a dogface and a valentini, and I was told it would kill them. Well, the dogface was one of the casualties, so I'm down to one now. As for the cleaner shrimp...if the puffers didn't eat it, I'm sure the trigger would.