Just got some Featherfins

punman

Just got some 3-4 inch Cyathopharynx foai (Sibwesa)

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures. I don't know how many people have foai in Alberta. I can't wait to see them colour up.

They are in my 90 gallon but I will move them up to the 180 when they show breeding activity.

dsc4389uo3.jpg

dsc4383zx6.jpg

Just got some 3-4 inch Cyathopharynx foai (Sibwesa)

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures. I don't know how many people have foai in Alberta. I can't wait to see them colour up.

They are in my 90 gallon but I will move them up to the 180 when they show breeding activity.

dsc4389uo3.jpg

dsc4383zx6.jpg

Nice score! I think Sibwesa may be one of my favourite foai. I know of a couple guys around that have them, but they (like furcifer) can be an EXTREMELY fussy fish at times for no apparent reason, breeding like rabbits and never holding to term, and then rock solid other times. I couldn't see the pics, but you'll definitely have to show us some pics when they get some colour on them! How many did you get? At 3-4" I think you'd want to move them to the 180 sooner rather than later as they'll show breeding activity much sooner in a 6' tank, and maybe even not at all in a 4' tank (even they are large enough).

Hi

I noticed you were excited about your new foai. I too keep the sibwesa and have bred them several times. I will send a few pictures and a egg tumbler that works well if yu have to tumble some foai eggs.

23022007009.jpgSibwesagroup.jpg

First thing I am not an expert on this subject but I have had some success creating a good working unit with a high success rate.

Picture384.jpg

Regardless what you use to suspend the eggs air or water, I think you might explain what you are trying to hatch. I think for most of the mbuna. the eggs are fairly tough and air is fine but for some of the more delicate tangayikian cichlids'' eggs, water seems to work better for controling the eggs movement.

Secondly if you wait till the eggs are a week or so in the mouth of the mother,then strip, your success rate will increase because of the fry being more resilient than eggs. Just handle with care.

000_0339.jpg

I have ten fish - most are three inches and a couple are four inches. I can't tell males from females but hope to weed out and pare down to maybe two males and four females if possible.