Eyes Swelling and turning White

duh duh duh

I've had two neons get their eyes starting to swell and then get huge and turn white in my tank. My tank is tetras, sword tails, plattys etc so if I get a parasite infestation it will wipe out everything all at once.

I removed the two fish with the eyes but want to know any advice on what this might be and what I can do to treat it so I don't end up with an infestation. Neither fish or eye burst, which I recall from years ago is a huge concern with parasites.

What are your water conditions. It would seem that you may be having water quality issues as this is the second post with sick fish. How long have you had these fish, and did you get them from a reputable vendor?

What are your water conditions. It would seem that you may be having water quality issues as this is the second post with sick fish. How long have you had these fish, and did you get them from a reputable vendor?

you must have me confused with someone else. This is the first disease or problem I've had in well over a year.

Water conditions were fine, fish bought at what I consider to be the most reputable store in the Edmonton area.

Any ideas on what this might be?

you must have me confused with someone else. This is the first disease or problem I've had in well over a year.

Oh sorry about that, There was just a recent post about some neons.

It sounds like they had popeye, which is usualy caused by poor water quality.

Look here for more info and diagnosis.

http://www.fish-disease.net/

http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/disease/diseasehome.htm

Hope this helps

I hope all goes well for you.